If you are a local business and public relations is not part of your digital marketing strategy, think again. In this episode, Lisa Buyer walks you through her recent presentation when she spoke at the Pubcon 2021 local search marketing conference.
Whether you are a hair salon, lawyer, plumber, restaurant, or any other local service that live-n-thrives on the map, this multi-day conference was a virtual hot for local brands looking for the latest secrets to digital marketing success.
Lisa Buyer walks you through highlights of her session including
Local Press/Publicity by definition and point of view
- Earned media
- More credibility than advertising
- 3rd party endorsement
- Social proof
- Brand awareness
- Editorial coverage
Steps to DIY Public Relations
- Identify your audience
- List 3-5 media outlets they read
- Brainstorm angles
- Find the right editor/producer
- Follow them on social
- Create a short + personalized pitch
- Offer your expertise/POV
- Rinse and Repeat 2x a month
The Anatomy of a PR Media Kit
- Fact Sheet
- Topics of expertise
- Media contact
- Strong Visuals
How can you launch a podcast with 50 episodes?
- Look in your archives
- If you are writing a book – do all interviews via a Facebook Group – start building an audience early
- No book? No archives? No problem.
- Record batches of interviews and launch backdated
- Announce podcast with 20 (XX) episodes
This episode also covers how and why to use Google My Business for PR, the power of social media to get exposure, and the way to get more publicity in Google News!
Want more? Check out the Pubcon schedule or join the Facebook Group and be part of the community every day.