In this episode, Lisa Buyer sat down with a keynote speaker and best-selling author, David Meerman Scott. Diving into a discussion about his book, The New Rules of Sales and Service.
In this 2014 interview, David Meerman Scott talks about the coming together of sales, customer service, and social media.
This interview took place in the middle of what David calls, the 25-year social media revolution. Where are we now? Today, it seems as if social media and sales seamlessly go hand and hand considering how time consumers spend online. Tune in to hear David and Lisa discuss how social networking was infiltrating, and how important this was in 2014 and remains true today.
“It’s really important for people in sales and in customer service to understand how social is important for them and how they do their jobs because the ways that people buy products today” -David Meerman Scott
Some topics discussed in this episode include:
- Sales and customer service
- Social media revolution
- The 5 mantras from David’s book:
- Authentic storytelling sets the tone
- Content is the link between companies and customers
- Big data enables a more scientific approach to sales
- Agile selling brings new business to your company
- Real-time engagement keeps customers happy
- How to you social for big and small businesses