How can live videos best help the PR strategy of any brand? What’s the equipment needed for successful streams?
In the second episode of Social PR Secrets, Lisa Buyer sits down with live video expert Cathy Hackl to get the answers to all the live video questions you’ve asked yourself! Cathy is a self-described futurist, speaker, and author. A globally recognized augmented reality, virtual reality, and spatial computing thought leader, Cathy used to work as a communicator at media companies such as CNN, Discovery, and ABC News.
In this episode, Cathy and Lisa discuss how social media managers can best use live videos, why the medium has taken over the world, and how to turn live videos into your own show. Cathy also reveals her favorite live moments and the specificities of different live platforms such as Facebook Live, Instagram Live, and Periscope.
“Live videos are live and authentic, and that’s part of the beauty: don’t think live videos have to be perfectly produced YouTube videos because it’s not YouTube.” -Cathy Hackl
Some topics discussed in this episode include:
- Trends in live video
- How can social media managers best use live
- Why live video has taken over the world
- How brands should use live to foster engagement
- The difference between personal and brand lives
- How to pick the best live platform
- Equipment for lives
- The most important live streaming moments
- How virtual reality will change live video
Contact Cathy Hackl:
More from Cathy Hackl:
References and links mentioned:
- David Guttenfelder’s North Korea Live
- Dan Rather’s Facebook
- Oculus Connect 3 Opening Keynote: Mark Zuckerberg