You write down your goals and instantly expect to achieve them. But how do you get started, especially during a pandemic? Self-made entrepreneur Jayson Waller shares the raw strategies that he uses to elevate his brands.
In this episode of the Social PR Podcast, host Lisa Buyer chats with powerhouse entrepreneur Jayson Waller. From being kicked out of his high school to venturing into fatherhood as a teenager, Jayson has dedicated his career to guiding others to be bold and take control of their lives.
Where To Begin
Amid the global COVID-19 pandemic, Jayson earned $350 million in revenue for Powerhome Solar, which he founded in 2015. But this rocketing success didn’t happen overnight. It was a collection of triumphs and failures that molded his solar energy company into the largest American Made panel installation business in the U.S.
Jayson says that you should start off by setting small goals for yourself.
- Each day, write down two things that you would like to accomplish. At first, try to check off just one goal from your list. Then, work your way up to achieving both.
- Strive to be 1% better every single day so by the end of the year, you’ll be 365% better than you once were.
- You don’t have to be great today, just a little bit better than you were yesterday.
- Every “no” will strengthen and prepare you for that “yes” moment.
- There is always room to grow and learn from others no matter how accomplished and successful you become.
No Excuses. No BS.
Jayson Waller’s first book, “Own Your Power. No Excuses. No BS. Yes. The Time is Now,” (coming out this July) details how he built three multimillion-dollar enterprises from the ground up through perseverance and dedication.
Even writing the book exemplifies his belief in setting goals and taking action. He was actually challenged by author and social media expert Heather Monahan to write it. And, of course, Jayson accepted the task. Despite being out of his comfort zone having never written a book before, he took it day by day and month by month until the product was complete. No excuses necessary.
Raw PR & Marketing
“You’re building a brand out there that they can trust and that they can (relate to).” – Jayson Waller
Here are Jayson’s Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to building your brand:
- DO build strong relationships with credible partners. After all, trust and authenticity are the backbones of your company.
- DON’T forget to show appreciation for your team. Workaround your budget and find a way to give back to them. This will ultimately help you recruit and build your brand.
- DO share positive stories both internally and externally in order to broaden your media reach.
- DON’T get sucked into constantly covering negative news stories. Your angle is a direct reflection of your brand.
Family Ties in Business
In Jayson’s podcast, True Underdog, he hosts several episodes with his kids. He says that when you remove the barrier between business and family, this creates quality moments with your children. Each episode of #FamilyTalk tackles important conversations like social media, mental health, and more.
Some topics in this episode include:
- Tips on Setting Achievable Goals
- Solar Energy
- Taking Action
- Credibility and Trust