In honor of International Women’s Day, Lisa Buyer hosts a pop-up edition of Social PR Secrets highlighting women’s news and events.
Female Disruptors Turned Two!
It was two years ago today Lisa Buyer launched the online publication FemaleDisruptors.com with the goal to highlight women disrupting in their space. From the most influential women in tech to professional surfers to Social VR disruptors to yoga queens to poetry princesses, Female Disruptors shines a light on 39 women and counting.
Women in VR – Enter Facebook Horizons
VR Women in Horizon Facebook Group hosts the event in the “Women VR Creators” Facebook Horizon World for community activities celebrating the women creators. Social VR expert Navah Berg managed and coordinated the event along with Paige Dansinger is the founder of Better World Museum, recognized by Facebook as one of the Top 117 Global Community Leaders (2018-2019).
Here’s is what the day looked like:
Grab your Oculus Quest headset and start the day meditating in Virtual Reality. The line-up speakers include Female Disruptor Lisa Buyer, Futurist Cathy Hackl, an interview with Lisa Kotecki, AR/VR Community Lead at Facebook
Join a LIVE Interview, Network, play Icebreaker Games, participate in a Meditation Circle // Wellness Chat, “Party-Up” and travel to Worlds Created by Women, and much more! We would love to see you there for an exclusive evening celebrating women all around the world in Facebook Horizon.
The Women of Hustle and Flow Chart Podcast
Thirteen women made the featured episode of Hustle and Flowchart podcast. Matt Wolfe and Joe Fier pay tribute to the badass women interviewed in 2020. The list included:
- Sue Rice
- Molly Mahoney
- Lisa Cherney
- Sara Christensen
- Ilana Wechsler
- Susie Moore
- Lisa Buyer
- Felicia Pagesh
- Erin Pheil
- Gabby Bernstein
- Kim Krause Schwalm
- Laura Gale
- Melanie Benson
“21 Things” Girl Power Highlights
This month’s email focused on Women, AI, and Tech. Some of Lisa Buyer’s favorite things from:
- 💃Female Disruptors turns two! I launched this online publication two years ago this month on International Women’s Day. Subscribe to the movement or nominate an inspiring woman.
- 👭Supporting female brands. The Buyer Group positions to support female pros, brands, products, and businesses.
- 🤝Creating community. Do you know a female who is .001% of the population as a woman entrepreneur with a 7-figure+ business? Check out this mastermind community.
- 🎨 Design your own success like Melanie Perkins, founder of Canva, and the other six women on this list.
- 🤖 Meet your A.I. best friend Kuki and chat with her or buy her a coffee. Listen to Guy Kawasaki interview Kuki on his remarkable podcast.
- Catch Guy Kawasaki’s AMAs on Clubhouse where he only invites women to speak.
- 👥Meeting Women in AI #womeninAI.