What is happening to PR? Cathy Hackl, a former Hispanic marketing evangelist for Boom Social and founder of Live Video Campus provides insight into a 2017 article about PR’s role in the evolving digital and social media spheres.
This previously recorded episode of the Social PR Secrets Podcast introduces Hackl, an expert in both VR and AR, who has been named one of the top 10 Tech Voices on Linkedin in two consecutive years and has authored two books, including The Augmented Workforce: How AI, AR, and 5G Will Impact Every Dollar You Make.
After the publication of Top Three Trends That Will Drive Public Relations Research in 2017, Buyer and Hackl take time to discuss the finer points of growth in the PR industry based on both topics discussed in the report and from personal experience. Throughout their conversation, Hackl emphasizes the necessity of continued education in order to maintain professional relevance and discusses the benefits of honing in on your targeted and custom audiences.
“I have always been of the thought that internal com needs to have a seat at the table when it comes to social media in a large organization.” – Cathy Hackl
Some topics discussed in this episode include:
- The connection between PR and customer service
- Facebook Live
- Content curation
- Standing out
- Incorporate journalism strategies into PR
- Top Three Trends That Will Drive Public Relations Research in 2017
- Technical skills in PR
- Social medial skills in PR
- Internal communications in large organizations
Contact Cathy Hackl:
More from Hackl:
- Marketing New Realities: An Introduction to Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality Marketing, Branding, & Communications Kindle Edition