Today’s society endures unexplainable and chaotic incidents more often than ever.
In this episode of the Social PR Secrets Podcast, host Lisa Buyer talks with Aimclear senior creative strategist Merry Morud and social director Kevin Watterson on their advice for managing a brand’s social media during a crisis. Working for a cumulative 11 years at Aimclear both guests have worked through their fair share of crisis equations. Prior to joining the Aimclear team, Watterson spent the better half of a decade as a U.S. press secretary dealing with unplanned situations all the time.
Throughout the episode, the guests discuss the best way for a brand to plan and execute a social media plan during an unplanned event or crisis. Does the size of the brand mean better success? Morud and Watterson provide tips for brands to take preventative action no matter the size.
“If a brand has a social presence, it’s imperative that they have at least some sort of plan in place for when tragedy strikes.” – Merry Morud
Some topics discussed in this episode include:
- The 5 Questions for your brand’s social crisis plan
- The top qualities a community manager needs to survive a crisis situation
- How to create a basic structure for your brand as a community manager
- Getting it right not getting it first as a journalist
- Trends within the crisis community manager world