What’s the most important thing to remember in managing a social media community? Nicole Miller says it all comes back to being able to listen to your audience and giving them what they need.
In this episode of the Social PR Secrets Podcast, Lisa Buyer sits down with engagement expert Nicole Miller to get her advice for community management. If you want to know how to best engage with your audience, Nicole is the guide you need. Nicole is the Community Champion and Team Engagement Manager at Buffer.
In this episode, Nicole and Lisa talk about Buffer’s tradition of sending handwritten thank you notes and gifts to community members, how signing tweets furthers the brand’s values, and tips to really connect with your audience. Nicole unveils some of the behind-the-scenes at Buffer and gives advice on how to create a genuinely helpful community to engage your audience. How can you connect with your audience one-on-one efficiently? Listen to the episode to find out Nicole’s best tips!
“It’s OK to remember your audience is human and you can be human, too” – Nicole Miller
Some topics discussed in this episode include:
- How the Buffer team manages such a large Twitter community
- The benefits of having a distributed team
- How to manage a team and an audience that spans the world
- Why you should sign your response posts
- Spark Central
- Why Nicole sends handwritten notes to community members
- Her position as Buffer’s Community Champion
- The importance of Twitter bios
- Advice for people pursuing a career in social media management