How can social media managers inject their ideas into a breaking news story and generate media coverage? What should you and shouldn’t you do when newsjacking?
David is a keynote speaker and bestselling author of Newsjacking and a dozen more books of which he has sold over a million copies. In this episode, David shares all the do’s and don’ts of newsjacking as well as tips on how to use hashtags to get as much coverage as possible. Listen to learn more about this effective PR strategy!
“In PR, it’s not about clip books. It’s about reaching our buyers.” – David Meerman Scott
Some topics discussed in this episode include:
- What is newsjacking?
- How to artfully put your ideas into hot topics
- Subjects to avoid at all costs when newsjacking
- How to add value to hashtag
- The right way to #hashtag
- Social media in the workplace
- Becoming an agent of change