Why is content king? Andy Crestodina says content is ground zero of all social media activity, and if you want your content seen, never post without an image.
In this episode of the Social PR Secrets Podcast, Lisa Buyer sits down with entrepreneur, author and acclaimed speaker Andy Crestodina to get his advice for creating social media content. If you’re looking for guidance on how to optimize your content or marketing skills, Andy is the person to turn to. Andy is the co-founder of Orbit Media, an award-winning web design company, and author of Content Chemistry, the most comprehensive guide available of all things modern marketing.
In this episode from the vault, Andy and Lisa discuss how to repurpose one piece of content for many different posts, why social media is essential for every marketer, and tips to maximize your SEO. What is a headline and how do you write one that will generate more clicks? Andy tells us all his data-driven hacks to stand out. Want to know how to get ahead in social media marketing? Andy reveals the biggest gap in the field and how you can capitalize on it!
“The bottom line is we have to be focused on our audience. The greatest skill in marketing is empathy” – Andy Crestodina
Some topics discussed in this episode include:
- Why content is king
- How Andy turned a blog post into a comprehensive handbook for content marketing
- Why you should always start with an outline
- How to repurpose your content
- The importance of images
- How to optimize content for mobile
- His tips for writing headlines
- Why empathy is a marketer’s greatest asset
- Andy’s advice for how to become great at SEO
- His #1 recommendation for those pursuing a career in any kind of marketing