What’s the most important social media marketing tip? According to Guy Kawasaki, it’s that you should never make a post without including a photo or video!
In the first episode of the Social PR Secrets Podcast, Lisa Buyer sits down with best selling author and icon Guy Kawasaki to get his advice for creating social media content. Let’s just say if you are going to take social media advice from anyone, Guy would be at the top of the list. Guy is a social media expert, currently working as the brand Chief Evangelist for Canva. The former Head Evangelist at Apple, he has written fifteen books, including The Art of Social Media and The Art of the Start.
In this episode, Guy and Lisa discuss the importance of Facebook Live, how to have a successful career in social media, and hacks to maximize social media management tools. Guy reveals his secret tips for getting the most out of Canva and talks about why he thinks Snapchat isn’t the best platform for medium and small brands. Which one is the best? Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat? Listen to the episode to find out what social network Guy would use if he could only have one!
“I really believe that Canva is democratizing design just like Macintosh democratized computers.” -Guy Kawasaki
Some topics discussed in this episode include:
- Content curation
- How to make your Facebook Lives actual video productions
- Social Media content tips
- Facebook Mentions and Facebook Pages
- Why Snapchat isn’t the best platform for small and medium brands
- Instagram stories
- His position as Canva’s Chief Brand Evangelist
- Canva hacks for social media managers
- How Guy balances out social media with the rest of his life
- Advice for people who want to pursue a career in social media
Contact Guy Kawasaki:
More from Guy Kawasaki:
- Remarkable People Podcast
- Class – Art of Growth: Sustainably Scale Your Business
- Class – The Essential Guide to Entrepreneurship by Guy Kawasaki
- Class – Art of the Start: Turning Ideas into High-Growth Businesses
References and links mentioned: